Hey Kiersten. Here's a paintover of your poster for the Woodward Gaming Expo
Here's what I did:
- The background looked really flat. I added splashes of color just to make it more interesting
- The Gamernonicon text was getting lost, so I upped the contrast. I also tried to make the lettering on the bottom right pop a little more.
- Since the characters are likely from 3D videogames, I added an overlay and a multiply layer for highlights and shadows, just to give them a little more form.
- The little tiger guy's hand was creating a tangent with the soldier's arm, so I moved it forward a bit. I'm wondering if his staff is creating a tangent with the cowgirl too...
- The soldier's pose was still odd. It looked like a sexy lady pose. I got rid of the twist in his legs and gave him a more standard pose.
- The cowboy girl is fantastic, but seeing as how she's from a videogame, she needs to be pushed more. A plain ol' cowgirl is nice, but she needed something more. So I added the cyborg arm and sunglasses. You can change whatever you want, but that's just what I did.
- I added tatoos to the fighter for the same reason I added the cyborg arm and sunglasses to the cowgirl...just to jazz him up a bit. Videogame characters are OVER THE TOP
Anyways, hope all this helps.
Keep up the good work! And thanks for doing this!