here are the pizza boxes... let me know what you think. i'm open to any changes and stuff.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Hey everyone! Thanks for all your hard work on the visual development of the film. If you've taken this class for credit, you need to take everything you've done this far, put it on a CD, and take it to Kelly's office Monday, March 4th.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Here's the sketch for the temple environment. I imagined a Temple/Fortress in Nepal, with snow capped mountains rising above the clouds. I'd like the temple structures to also be just above the clouds or in the mist of them. I hope this comes across in my drawing. Next the fighting stage could be either a bridge between two structures (This might afford more space for finishing moves, etc...) or it could be a large decorative patio which is part of a large structure.
This is just a reference photo. I think that the dramatic colors of the sunset would be ideal for the battle, as well as a symbol of Jeff's dominance about to come to an end.
Here I wanted to illustrate some additional ideas. The first is that we could ad some fire and smoke poring from the structures, giving the impression of a larger battle. The next is to add snow drifts to the fighting stage for the winter feel.
This is just an example of the mountains above the clouds idea. I think there's something other worldly and fantastical about the fight taking place in a temple, fortress in the sky. Just some ideas
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
I think I need to do more with the barbarian babe, but I am feeling a good vibe from the vampire chick.
Edit: After getting some sleep. I am feeling I will put more focus into the vampire chick, and make some variations with her costume.
I took out a lot of the architecture, threw in more natural formations, and a monster to help contrast the other high tech environment.
Bleh, I don't even know if what I am typing makes sense. I just made it "different" while keeping it the "same"
Monday, February 25, 2013
Anyways, I really liked the fallen stones. It might be fun to put some runes and markings on them, and maybe have them carved into the surrounding rock. I also toyed with the bridge being more precariously balanced. Maybe it could fall during the course of the fight?
Hey everyone. So it's the final week of the development class and there's still a lot that needs to be done. I know I don't explain myself very well sometimes, so I'm posting this to hopefully ease any confusion. Here are some of the key things to remember:
- The creative vomit stage is over. I want frozen environments for the first level. Ice-caked temples, snow-covered cliffs etc.
- Iterations rather than exploratory sketches. There were not as many environment thumbnails as I had hoped. Regardless, if you feel like you have a strong composition in one of your thumbnails, build off it. Avoid experimenting with further compositions; it's time to refine and hone in. I like Alyssa's composition. Do draw-overs of her piece and now focus on exploring the architectural elements and details.
- Factory needs more stuff. Looks at assembly line reference and put a sci-fi twist on it.
- VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS
- There are 10 other characters for the game that need to be designed as well as the look of the menu itself.
- black guy
- caliber DONE
- chelsea's fox character design
- garjin DONE
- vampire lady (not slutty)
- evil estefan
- female warrior (barbarian...again, not slutty)
- generic karate man (like ryu but cooler and more unique)
- kendall's space rocker girl
- evil kelly
- *joy's character design
- *might be a figurine rather than a videogame character
- OTHER STUFF
- Posters! Refer to the post from a while back that describes what I'm looking for with the posters. TELL ME WHICH ONE YOU'RE DOING BEFORE YOU DO IT.
- Food items:
- Cereal boxes
- Cup o' noodles
- Mesa Dew energy drink
- any other miscellaneous food items Jeff would have lying around
It looks really good so far Mike. Basically, all I did was vary the height of the buildings a tad to add more interest and stuck in Caliber and Garjin for scale.
Rather than doing different iterations, I want you to focus on this one. Flesh out the details, design any additional elements and add a splash of color.